Monday, November 14, 2016

Christmas in New York: Too Faced 2016 Holiday Range Review


I'm really excited to finally have some of Too Faced's Christmas in New York collection in my hot little hands! I picked up the Grande Hotel Cafe palette set and the Merry Macarons palette from Mecca and oh goodness, they're all gorgeous. I'm such a sucker for good packaging that I found it very difficult to put the boxes they came in in the recycling bin!








The Grande Hotel Cafe is made up of three small palettes each containing six eyeshadows and a cheek colour, as well as a deluxe size sample of the cult Better Than Sex mascara. Each palette book has a little 'To & From' label on the back so that the set can be split up into gifts, but it's so lovely that I'm not sure anyone could bring themselves to give any of them away! Each book has its own distinct perfume, and I think Eggnog Latte is my favourite. All of the shadows are beautiful and buttery, in true Too Faced style, with excellent colour pay off. I'm hopeless at swatch photos, so here's a link to some nice ones!


What really got me with this bad boy though is how much the box looks like Wes Anderson's Grand Budapest Hotel. The Grand Budapest is one of my favourite movies and I absolutely adore the look of the big, grand pink building - this palette is a dream for me!



Speaking of beautiful packaging, the Merry Macarons palette is a vision of all things adorable. I love the vintage, pop-up holiday card vibe of this one, and if you look closely you can see that even the puppy has ice skates!




The mix of neutral colours with a splash of vivid purple is perfect for me! I don't think you can ever have too many neutral eyeshadow palettes, and I really love how Merry Macarons has some perfect neutral shimmers (Champagne Rose is my favourite, perfect for the inner corners!). The palette has a rich, vanilla scent, which isn't exactly Christmassy but is pleasant none the less. I love both of these limited editions, but Merry Macarons has definitely become the palette that I'm reaching for most often. Here's a peek at some swatches!



No comments:

Post a Comment