Thursday, July 7, 2016

An Unexpected Break

Soufflé Song Dress // Wheels & Dollbaby Bolero // H&M Blouse // Handmade Crown // Taobao Handbag // eBay Shoes & Tights

I've been a little hopeless with posting this year, but I promise I've got a good reason and I thought I'd write a little post just to update anyone who might've been checking back looking for new posts. In recent months I've been feeling very tired and uninspired. I've struggled a lot with getting a handle on my mental health, and my issues with anxiety have spiralled into a complete mess of feelings that have impacted just about every area of my life. I've also been trying to get to the bottom of a physical illness that has had me off my feet for nearly a month now and is completely exhausting, it's really hard to get excited about life when you feel like garbage all the time. Thankfully I've finished the first semester unscathed, even though I think it was one of my most difficult yet, and I produced some work that I'm really quite proud of! 

Something that's helped me to stay somewhat positive during recent months has been lolita fashion. Over the last year I've become more involved with my local community and I look forward to meets so much! I love being able to channel my creativity and love of aesthetics into a fashion that is loved so passionately by so many people all over the world. I know that the general consensus on lolitas is that they're snobby and elitist but, for me anyway, I feel like it's much more of a sisterhood. There's nothing more fun than putting on a fancy dress and a big fluffy petticoat and having tea and cake with lovely people when you're feeling down or unwell. For me, lolita offers a form of escapism. It's something a little more beautiful and special than every day life, and that's a really wonderful thing.

3 comments:

  1. This outfit is amazing! I hope your health improves for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Just came across your blog!
    Are you in Münster, Germany? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    Just came across your blog!
    Are you in Münster, Germany? :)

    ReplyDelete