Sunday, December 20, 2015

Taobao Haul & TaobaoNow Review


I am very excited because my christmas present to myself arrived today! I decided to treat myself after a bit of a rough year and to celebrate going back to work, so I went a little silly on Taobao (which is, for those of you who aren't familiar with it, basically China's equivalent to eBay) with the help of shopping service TaobaoNow.

I placed my order on the 11th of November, and the communication I received from the agents at TaobaoNow was always prompt and polite. A couple of things that I wanted were out of stock which delayed the order, but I was informed about it by one of the agents as soon as they found out. Everything arrived at their warehouse on the 2nd of December, and was shipped to me via EMS they received my shipping payment on the 12th of December. It arrived on my doorstep on the 20th of December, so the turnaround was really quite quick! This is the second time I've placed an order with TaobaoNow and I'm still totally satisfied with their service, so I'll definitely be sticking with them in the future.


One of the items that I got was this replica of Angelic Pretty's Melty Cream Donut JSK to tide me over until I can track down the real one in the beige colourway. I know that a lot of people turn their noses up at replicas but honestly this one looks quite nice- I'd really like to compare it to the real deal to see what the differences might be! The fabric is lovely and soft, the fit is super comfortable (there's shirring in the back), and it has a small inbuilt petticoat which gives it a bit of extra poof so it only needs a small extra petticoat. The lace is also really nice quality and isn't scratchy at all.






I feel like I made some really good choices with this order. Everything is well made and nothing feels flimsy at all! The shoes were unfortunately a tiny bit too small to be comfortable so I've decided to sell them on to another girl in my local comm, but that was the only disappointing thing! The wig is thick and the fibres are super soft. The biscuit beret is made of a thick fleecey/felty type fabric and will be so good for winter. I did think that the heart bag would have a long/adjustable strap, but instead it has a non-adjustable one that's a bit of an awkward length but I'm sure I'll deal with it, the actual bag is much bigger than I thought it would be so that's a plus!

If you're wanting to dip your toes into the wild world of Taobao, I'd definitely recommend using TaobaoNow as a shopping service. Their website interface is really easy to navigate, and has a cart system that makes ordering a breeze. 10/10 would recommend!

1 comment: