Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Adelaide Supanova 2015

This weekend all of my hard work over the last couple of months paid off at Supanova! I wore two different costumes, a vigilante variation of Sailor Mars with a group of the other Sailor Senshi on the Saturday and Nurse Joy from Pokémon on Sunday.



I didn't get to take many photos because I was either busy or I literally had my hands full, but I did manage to pick up a few cute things, including the Sailor Mars figure that I've been hunting for for ages and only turning up possible bootlegs and the best pair of earrings I've ever seen - tiny Ron Swansons!!!



I'm not really sure how I feel about Supanova on the whole. Other than cosplaying and being able to buy a few nifty things without paying for postage, there's not really much else that appeals to me and it's a little like if you've seen one 'nova you've seen them all. I really wish that there had been more panels relating to costume making and crafting, or even filmmaking. And it would have been good if the cosplay competition had been presented by cosplayers because the people who mc'd it - while they were entertaining - didn't seem to ask many questions that actually had anything to do with the construction or materials of the entrants costumes. I also think it would have been beneficial to have more diverse categories, because it doesn't really make sense to judge massive robot/mascot suits against more sewing-reliant costumes and things like heavily detailed armour - they're all such different crafts that require very different skills.

Anyway, it was a very fun (and tiring) weekend and I'm excited to start planning and building my cosplay for Avcon next year, it's gonna be a bloody big one!

No comments:

Post a Comment