Saturday, August 15, 2015



Modcloth Cardigan // Dangerfield Dress & Belt // Asos Shoes // Taobao Bag // Ebay Wig // Handmade Hairbow

I've mentioned it on my blog before, but I love Sailor Moon. When I was little I would borrow the VHS tapes from the video store across the road from my house and watch them over and over again, and dream of being a magical like Serena. The series has been so influential for so many reasons, it promotes so many great things - love, friendship, acceptance, and female strength. The sailor senshi are the perfect example of how hyper feminine characters can still be strong and independent, proving that girls don't have to give up skirts and makeup in favour of being tough.

International Sailor Moon Day (ISMD) is a day when fans all over the world come together to share their love of the series through dressing up in either Moonie themed clothing or cosplay. Unfortunately I've been ill so I wasn't up to attending the Adelaide meet up (but thankfully there's another one happening in summer!), but I tried my best to get into the spirit at home by dressing up in this coordinate inspired by the original sailor scout, Sailor V!



I hope you've all fought some evil and won some love today, now go and watch some girls kick butt!




2 comments:

  1. Omg you look so cute =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this dress for so many reasons ... soooooo many

    ReplyDelete