Tuesday, June 9, 2015

International Lolita Day


Chess Story Jumperskirt // Target Cardigan // Asos Collar // Miss Shop Hat // Taobao Bag // American Apparel Shoes // Lovisa Rings

So unfortunately I missed out on attending my local communities Winter International Lolita Day on Saturday meetup because I've been very unwell over the past week, and I was really bummed out about it so I decided to dress up on Sunday when I was feeling a little better instead! I really love this outfit, I think it's a nice balance between my two favourite substyles - classic, and sweet lolita.

I think this is the first time I've blogged about my interest in lolita fashion, so I'd best give you some background! For those of you who aren't familiar with the style, it has absolutely nothing to do with Nabokov's book or the english definition of the term 'lolita'. Originating in Japan, lolita fashion draws a lot of inspiration from Victorian and Rococo era styles and has a big focus on elegance and modesty. Though I've been interested in it for a few years now, I'm still only quite new to the fashion and I'm (very) slowly building my wardrobe, but I really love the way that putting on a big, poofy skirt makes me feel so feminine and ladylike. I can't wait to put together more outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment