Friday, February 6, 2015

Japan Presents!

Hello friends! I've been horribly slack with posting lately and for that I must apologise - I've been busy with crafty projects and spending time with friends because Sam was all the way in Japan for two weeks so I had to keep myself occupied so that I didn't get lonely! I also spent two weeks wearing leggings as pants so I don't think that really warranted any outfit posts, haha.



But it's not all bad news, because look at this amazing present haul!! Sam spoiled me stupid because he knew how badly I wanted to go to Japan as well, so I think he felt a little bit guilty about being there without me.


You might have already worked it out, but I'm a bit of an anime nerd. Sam and I both love Neon Genesis Evangelion, and I'm green with envy that he got to visit the Evangelion store in Ikebukuro. Luckily he brought me back a bunch of stuff including NERV notebooks, a mug featuring Asuka and Rei, postcards with frames of Asuka and Unit 02 from 3.0 on them, and a document file. He also got me a Sylveon keychain from the Pokemon Centre in Ikebukuro, a couple of Korilakkuma plushes, a pen and chopsticks, and an Adventure Time document file and puffy stickers from Kiddyland in Harajuku. Sam also visited the Studio Ghibli Museum in Mitaka and picked me up some postcards from My Neighbour Totoro, a soot sprite keyring, and an amazing Catbus plush that has a little Totoro that fits inside.


He also got these amazing bookmarks from Ghibli - they're actual frames from a Ponyo film reel! Ponyo is my favourite Studio Ghibli film and I'm totally in love with these frames. We shined the flashlights from our phone through them and projected them onto the wall so that we could have a better look, it's such an amazing souvenir and I plan on framing them because they're so special and I love them so much that I want to look at them on the wall all the time.


More anime goods! A better view of the My Neighbour Totoro/Mei and the Kittenbus postcards, a couple of document files featuring Asuna from Sword Art Online and Sailor Mars, a Monokuma from Danganronpa keychain, a Sailor Venus mechanical pencil, Sailor Moon notebook, mini Sailor Jupiter figure, a Moon Crisis Brooch clip, and Sailor Chibi Moon stickers (so much Sailor Moon!!) - all from Animate in Ikebukuro. I also made sure Sam visited Daiso on Takeshita Dori in Harajuku, and he picked me up a cute bear measuring tape and stripy pin cushion for my sewing kit, a floral diary which seems to have gotten buried under everything else, and the super cute little duck bowl which is the perfect size for ice cream! Oh, and he also found my long lost twin -


I've decided that I'm most definitely gate crashing his next trip because it looks like so much fun! さようなら今のところ、友人!

1 comment: