Thursday, January 1, 2015

Open Presents and Hail Santa


I know this post is a bit late but there's no way I wasn't going to share it. Living in Australia, it's very rare that Christmas Day would ever be cooler than 20 degrees celsius, but even so I have this weird obsession with Christmas sweaters. I'm sure it's rooted in all of the American Christmas TV specials I watched as a kid and the growing Americanisation of our culture and all that jazz, but something about a festive sweater is so cozy and it gives me the warm and fuzzies, so this year I decided I would make jumpers for Sam & I that are a little more our speed.

Have you ever heard of Krampus? Saint Nick's devilish friend who punishes naughty children? I love the tale of Santa's creepy counterpart, and seeing as Satan is only one letter away from Santa it's not like I was gonna let that opportunity get away from me.


8 comments:

  1. You made this? Dude, it's sick! It's so UNIF. I love it & would 100% buy an oversized T shirt version & wear it all year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you i'm thinking of maybe making some more next year and selling them. I feel like I'm going to wear it through winter as well haha.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE THIS! I too have a thing for Christmas sweaters. I probably could have got away with it this Christmas as Melbourne has been rather cold. It looks amazing, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Christmas sweaters are so great, I like to wear them when it's not christmas and spread the joy anyway haha.

      Delete
  3. I wish every year that I could wear a Christmas jumper. Yours is totally awesome too! Def need to make one for myself for next year now ^___^

    ReplyDelete