Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Liebster Award: A Q&A With Mama Munster


I was kindly nominated to take part in the Liebster Award by the lovely Corinne of Lady Ellumina Fashion, and while I don't really understand it, I'll happily give it a crack! I've never been nominated for something like this before, so I'm very excited to take part. Here are the rules:

1. Post a short Questions & Answer about yourself provided by the person who nominated you
2. Nominate others you think deserve the award (preferably 11 people)
3. Ask them 11 questions of  your own
4. Notify them so they can answer your questions!
And here we go!

1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I'd had tumblr for a number of years and I wanted to start blogging in a more focused capacity. I wanted to make more detailed posts that centred around fashion and beauty, as well as a couple of DIY's here and there, and I felt like Tumblr wasn't the place to do that - and so My Friend Munster was born!
2. Who are your favourite bloggers?
Some of the blogs I frequent are Mermaidens, The Pineneedle Collective, Junebugs and Georgia Peaches, and I'll always have a special place in my heart for Scathingly Brilliant, who has sadly gone on hiatus and was a massive influence on my decision to start my own blog!
3. What are your other favourite past times?
I like to make things. I've recently started taking an interest in sewing, because I want clothes that I never seem to be able to find either in stores or in my size, it's a bit slow going but I'll get there eventually. I also really enjoy watching movies and playing with makeup.
4. What is your go to make-up item?
BB/CC cream! It hides a multitude of sins and looks like you're wearing nothin' at all!
5. What is your favourite perfume? 
Purr by Katy Perry. It's fresh, fruity, sweet and fun, perfect for every occasion.
6. Most recommended skincare product and why? 
Lucas' Paw Paw ointment is some kind of miracle balm, it'll fix just about everything and I've nearly always got a tube of it on hand.
7. What is your favourite clothing brand and why?
Princess Highway has the cutest prints and the most flattering cuts. Their sizing is also spot on, and I don't think I've ever felt average in one of their dresses. They also don't dull things down for the cooler seasons, it's all florals, all the time.
8. Is there a method that you use to pick out your outfits?
There is absolutely no method to my madness, as long as it's cute and it's cinched at the waist, I'll wear it!
9. What is currently the most wanted item in your mental wishlist?
Everything from Bei Badgirl's new jewellery collection. 
10. What is your all time favourite movie and why?
I absolutely LOVE the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I saw it for the first time when I was eleven and I thought it was so strange, but I was so intrigued/confused that I rewatched it again and again and again and I made all my friends watched it and none of them understood why I loved it so much, but I was totally infatuated with it and I've loved it ever since.
11. If you could choose to be anywhere in the world, where would you pick? 
I haven't had much experience when it comes to places in the world - which is something that I hope to change in the coming years! - so I guess all I can really say is home. Everything and everyone I love is here, and so is my bed. How boring is that? Haha!

My questions are:
1. Who are you and where do you come from?
2. What is the one thing you never leave home without?
3. If you could travel to anywhere and/or any event, where or what would it be?
4. What is your favourite thing to do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling down?
5. What is the one beauty product you couldn't live without?
6. What is your dream item of clothing, and why?
7. Do you have a favourite memory from school, and if so what is it?
8. What do you think your life would be like if social media had never been invented? What do you think you'd be doing instead?
9. Is there a song or artist that you listen to every day, who/what is it, and why?
10. What are the top five things on your bucket list?
11. If you could blog for any company or any event, who or what would it be?

I actually don't know 11 blogs (this is how badly I need to find more!) so I'll only be tagging five, and my choices are Akira Meow, Nicole Burgers, Hipbones & HeartbreakMiss Nikki, and P0kemina! But honestly, if any one who reads this post would like to take part please do so, just leave a comment underneath with a link to your blog.

I hope you've enjoyed getting to know me a li'l better!


3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your answers Shannen!

    ladyellumina.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best web hosting companies. Reviews, rates, statistics of top hosting companies.
    Find best hosting company at HostingCompaniesz.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all your answers!! i esp. understand your love for rocky horror picture show!! meatloaf is just about the most beautiful creature ever!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete