Thursday, November 6, 2014

Revival top // Dangerfield skirt // New Look flats // eBay sunglasses // ImYourPresent earrings

Something I've learned in recent times is that if you can't fix it, slap a pretty outfit and a face full of makeup on it. On days where I feel really sore and tired and glum, but not completely out of it, what really cheers me up is to put on some cute clothes and make my face up. It makes me feel human again and while I usually need to just sit down and rest after I've done all of this, I feel a little bit more accomplished than I would have if I'd just stayed in my pyjamas and messy ponytail.

I'm also trying to focus on the good things I have to look forward to in the coming weeks, like seeing Katy Perry (aka THE QUEEN) twice in two weeks this month, and travelling to Melbourne with one of my favourite friends and my partner for one of those times. Not to mention it's nearly Christmas season, and I'm so excited because I'm not working in retail anymore so I can actually enjoy the lead up this year. AND the new Hunger Games movie comes out soon, and so does the new Ghost Inside album (did I mention that I feature in their latest video? See if you can spot me!).

But there's also the smaller joys that I'm trying to enjoy more as well, like tomorrow I hope I will be well enough to go to work, and when I finish for the day I think I'll get myself a burrito or a banh mi for lunch. And even though it'll be an almost forty degree day, I'll come home and hang out in the aircon and eat icy poles all afternoon. After all, it's the little things that make life great, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. a pretty outfit always turns my day around too! i love this outfit and your hair looks simply magical!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely amazing in this photoset so even if it didn't fix your day, it damn well made mine better!

    ReplyDelete