Thursday, November 20, 2014

Melbourne: I Been Shoppin'


If there's one thing I really love about going interstate it's taking advantage of all the things I can't get at home, and take advantage of Melbourne I most certainly did. I've had a rough few months with my Fibro diagnosis and everything that went with it and I figured I deserved to treat myself, so of course now I'm broke but I'm also very satisfied, haha. Follow the cut to see what I got!



I'll start with the biggest one, Daiso. I tried to only get things I needed (I use the term loosely), including a scarf hanger (which I missed in this photo, oops) and cotton buds, but I'm also collecting frames to create a new art wall in my room so there's no way I wasn't going to stock up while I was there! I'm also turning my desk into a makeup station so I picked up a cute pink container to use as a brush holder and matching mirror, and stocked up on false eyelashes as well as my favourite pink blush. My mum is a big fan of blue and white patterned ceramics, so I made sure to grab a couple of little bowls for her. I really hope that they open a Daiso in Adelaide soon, you really can kit your whole house out with things from that place at such a small cost, it's amazing!


The one place I always HAVE to go when I'm in Melbourne is the Dangerfield Clear It outlet, I swear that place is my Holy Land, and they had a buy three get the fourth free offer on while we were there. I finally managed to get my mitts on the Harlequin skirt that was in stores earlier this year (all of my local ones sold out of my size, sob) and the pink car cardigan which I missed out on a year or so ago, as well as a cute salmon coloured skirt and another of my favourite black skater skirt. I also picked up a shirt for my dad for Christmas that's printed with tiny bicycles, and some cute little rubber magnetic frames that are the perfect size for Instax photos.


The last time I went to Melbourne was back in April, H&M had only just opened and the lines to get in were still two hours long so I didn't bother with it, but now that it's settled down we paid the store a visit and I'm so glad I did. I was expecting it to be like Zara - expensive and very limited in sizes - but I was very pleasantly surprised! I finally managed to find a pale pink skater skirt, and omg a CROPPED HOODIE! Sometimes you just want the comfort of a cozy jumper while you're wearing a cute dress, but a normal length one just leaves you looking like a lazy potato, so imagine how stoked I was when I came across this adorable mint green jacket, I'm so sad that it's getting hot because I'm so excited to wear it! I also fell in love with the gingham bodysuit, and super soft mint skater dress which I'll probably wear under t-shirts as a kind of skirt. All pastels, all the time.


And last but not least, my Mecca Maxima haul. I've been itching to try a new primer and foundation combo, and after weeks of pondering I ended up settling on the Smashbox Photo Finish primer and Studio Skin foundation combo and I'm so excited to use them - I tried them both out in store and they have such silky textures, I can't wait to put them all over my face! I finally got a Too Faced Sweethearts blush in Candy Glow, and the Christmas Party Must Haves set which features miniatures of the Chocolate Soleil bronzer, Primed & Poreless primer, Shadow Insurance eye primer, and Better Than Sex mascara. I've really only ever used drugstore brand makeup (aside from Too Faced eye palettes) and I'm really excited to use some higher end products, I'm glad I saved my pennies!

I also got a few other things, including a bunch of prints from my amazing tattoo artist Nicole Draeger for my art wall, new slippers from Peter Alexander, and some items from Katy Perry's Pop Up Shop which will feature in my next post about my Prismatic tour experience, so check back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like an awesome haul! I've heard good things about the smashbox primer so you should let us know if really does work ~___^ Your clothes are great too - I love the car cardigan and the cropped hoodie, but what a pity it's starting to get warm here now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygoodness!! i love it all!! it's like a cotton candy wonderland!! :) what amazing finds!!

    ReplyDelete