Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Show & Tell

Last Wednesday my mother and I hopped on a plane for a super quick trip to Queensland to visit some family members. I love going interstate because it means I get to visit stores that we don't have here in Adelaide, including my favourites Daiso and Kit Cosmetics, so I thought I'd make a big ol' haul post to share what I got with you guys! This is going to be a long post, so strap yourself in for a lot of photos under the cut.


You're probably already familiar with Daiso, but if you're not let me tell you right now that it's the best thing since sliced bread. Daiso is a Japanese variety store chain and everything in store costs a measly $2.80, it's amazing and I love it. You would think that for such a cheap price everything would be pretty cheap quality as well, but I'm always pleasantly surprised by how well constructed the products are - the quality well surpasses that of Australian dollar stores. I would usually hesitate to buy makeup so cheaply, but I love the mascara (the pink and silver tube) so much! I'm yet to try the eyeliner, but I have moderate expectations that it'll be okay, and I've head good things about the brush and sponge cleaner (the white bottle) so I figured for $2.80 it's no big loss if it's not wonderful. I also bought a cute li'l lunch box and notebook to take to work, yay cute things!




I've been tossing up whether or not to buy one of the Urban Decay Naked palettes for a while now, but I couldn't justify spending a whopping $80 on a palette that I probably wouldn't use all the colours in, so after a chat with the lovely assistant at Kit, I settled on the Too Faced Natural Eyes palette for half the price instead. I love Too Faced products, the packaging is always super cute and the product is always of a high quality, and I'm excited to review this palette in the coming weeks! I also picked up the Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub because it smells like pancakes and man, I love pancakes.

I purchased the little French Vanilla candle from a lolly shop in Sanctuary Cove on the Gold Coast. It smells almost exactly like Glasshouse's Bordeaux scent, and for $9 it's half the price of a small Glasshouse candle. The scent isn't as strong while it's being burnt, but it's not so weak that you can't smell anything, still worth it for the teeny price tag!

I picked up a Victorias Secret body spray while I was at the airport waiting for my flight home. I've never really understood the hype about Victorias Secret - to me it all seems pretty overpriced for what it is - but I love the smell of this body spray. It's sweet, but not sickly, and the plastic bottle means that I can throw it in my handbag and not have to worry about it breaking like I do when I take a perfume anywhere with me.


And finally, clothes! I picked up these perfect pieces from a little store called Trash Monkey, located in Fortitude Valley. As soon as I saw the Rilakkuma cardigan I knew that I'd come to the right place, I've been trying to get my grubby mitts on one of these babies for months! I'm also a sucker for a good Wednesday Addams-esque dress, so of course this long sleeved Disturbia dress was going to end up in my suitcase. It's so soft and stretchy, and it's lightweight enough for me to wear throughout spring and cooler summer days. 

Aside from some of the neat shops I found, I didn't really think much of Brisbane. It was very hot while I was there, and it just wasn't really my jam, I much prefer the southern states, and Sydney still reigns supreme as my favourite capital. I did have a wonderful time with my family on my short visit though, and that's what really matters!



2 comments:

  1. I wish we have Daiso here in Ireland. I hear so many good things about it and love looking at peoples hauls!
    I really want to smell that Soap and Glory Breakfast scrub and the Victoria Secret body spray!!
    The colours in that Two Faced palette look really nice! I also can't bring myself to spend so much money on a palette like one of the Naked's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't bring myself to spend so much money on the Naked Palettes too but I did anyway! And they are GREAT! You can try SLEEK palettes cause they are GREATTTT and value for money too! I love Too Faced Palettes as well too! Daiso is like a playland! They're $2 here (in Singapore) and I always spend a longgggg time picking and choosing the stuff!

    ReplyDelete