Sunday, July 27, 2014

Avcon 2014



Last weekend Sam and I spent our Sunday afternoon at Adelaide's local anime & video game convention, Avcon. It was the first time either of us had gone, and even though I was very sick (I've been basically housebound with a virus for the past two weeks) I had a really good time! I spent a couple of weeks beforehand sewing my first ever handmade cosplay (with a lot of help from my mum and my wonderful friend Lily), and if you're not familiar with your anime characters I was Asuka Langley Soryu/Shikinami from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I didn't take any photos while we were at the convention because my eyepatch meant I had very limited eyesight, and I was focusing a lot of my energy on just remaining upright, but there were some really amazing cosplay efforts, especially in the cosplay competition! It really inspired me to work on improving my sewing skills and possibly competing next year. I'm excited to start working on my costumes for Adelaide Supanova, which is coming up in November, as well as one for Avcon 2015.

I didn't get to buy much because like I said, I was mostly concentrating on not passing out, but I did pick up these adorable Adventure Time themed brooches from Australian brand, We're All Mad Here. Brooches are my latest obsession, I want one to go with every outfit!








3 comments:

  1. Your costume looks fantastic! I really want both of those brooches too - they are so super cute! ^___^ Artist's Alley is always my favourite part of a con, I love supporting our Australian creatives ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cosplay is great, it was very good for the first time. Does not usually go on naming conventions found WHAT? Since I'm new and love do not let go of some of the region here. And you should do more cosplay was really good from the bottom of my heart. Improvements.

    I'm following your blog, is very good. xoxo

    -
    brainwashingb.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete