Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Bedroom Musings

Something that's been on my mind a lot lately is redecorating my bedroom. I'm someone who thrives on change, whether it's my hair, my clothes, or my environment, I like to change things up often to keep my outlook on life fresh, otherwise I start to get bored and when I start to get bored, I start to get grumpy, which is no fun for anybody.


This is what my room looks like at the moment. I have SO much stuff and not a lot of space, and it's starting to feel so cluttered in here! My dad is on a mission to rip up all of the carpet in our hours and sand and polish the floorboards underneath, and I want to take down all of the posters and repaint the walls, so I'm pretty excited to go for a bit more of a sophisticated look - I am 21 now after all!

I'm also trying to think of the best ways to take advantage of the little space I do have, and the best method I think would be to swap my black shelves with my bed and push the bed against the window wall, and have the black shelves across the back wall. I'm really inspired by the owner of one of my favourite blogs, Scathingly Brilliant, Kate's bedroom, and her ability to utilise space effectively and still have the cutest room I've ever seen!

Source: Teen Vogue
Another plus about having the bed against the wall is being able to have oodles and oodles of cushions without the worry of them falling off and getting trampled on! I'd like to make a stack of cute throw pillows because Sam and I are always struggling for the most pillows for when we sit up on our computers in bed (naughty, I know!) so a giant pile of cushions would benefit us endlessly! I also love the way Kate displays all of her favourite dresses, why should the wardrobe get to have all the fun?

Source: Morando Sozinha 


 Something else I'm borderline obsessed with at the moment is gold features, and I've had these photos in mind pretty much the entire time I've been thinking of redecorating. The colour palette I'm planning on working with is very much in the pastels, but with a few choice gold accents thrown in to add a more glamorous, adult edge.

And finally, here are a few of my favourite decorator finds that I'd like to see at home in my room!
Clockwise from top left:
owl storage jar, typo | pineapple lamp (I'd paint it gold!), target | frame, ikea | candleabra, lark | stag head, typo | pintuck cushion, urban outfitters | bambi planter, lark | gold ice creams, typo | owl jewellery holder, typo | gold pen cup, typo | alarm clock, typo

'Til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment