Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I don't know 'bout you, but i'm feelin' twenty... one

'Poise and Click' Dress // Modcloth

Hello friends! I've been severely neglecting this blog in recent months and I have to say, I feel terrible because of it! I've been buried under a pile of uni work and feelings of horrible procrastination, and because I'm maintaining two other blogs for uni I just haven't been inspired to write anything for fun. BUT because my favourite baby blog has just turned one year old, I'm back to spread a little birthday joy.

I turned 21 yesterday. How crazy is that? I'm now considered an adult in every country, which to me is very strange because I still feel like a child in many ways (one being that the only meal I can cook well is spaghetti). I feel like I still need adult supervision when handling sharp objects or standing near an open flame, but now I am the adult supervision. Crazy, huh?

I had a birthday party on the weekend and it was really lovely. I spent about a fortnight beforehand in varying states of anxiety thinking that no one would turn up and it would just end up being me eating cake alone, but so many people came! It was really wonderful to spend the night in the company of some of the best people I know, and there was a lot of cake which I think is a big plus.



I didn't get very many photos, but everything was very pink and it was just perfect. I don't think I've ever been so satisfied, all of the hard work was definitely worth it! My favourite decoration was definitely the Parks & Rec inspired blackboard sign.

I'm really excited for the next couple of weeks as well, because Sam and I are visiting Melbourne for a whole week! It's the longest I will have spent there, so I'm looking for suggestions of fun things to do. We'll be there over the Easter weekend and I'm not sure what will be open, but hopefully it's not like Adelaide and the whole city won't just shut down for a day or two. If you have any ideas on places we should check out, please comment and let me know! So far I know that I'd like to go to the museum, the aquarium, the Center for the Moving Image, and the Immigration Museum, but after that I'm stuck haha. Oh, and Ben & Jerry's of course!

'Til next time,

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday precious lady! You sure look darling celebrating.

    I hope you have a absolute ball in Melbourne! I would reconmend Hopetoun Tea Room's for something special and *fancy* (make sure you book beforehand for a reservation! Also check out Luna Park near St Kila pier (also lovely)

    Paige | precious-paperdoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely lady! I'm so sorry for the delayed comment, I'm so far behind on life at the moment haha. We had an amazing time in Melbourne! Unfortunately we didn't get to visit Luna Park because it rained most of the time that we were there, but we're going to Sydney in June and I want to take Sam to the one there as he's never been to either, and I went to the Sydney park many many years ago (and loved it)

      Much love,
      Shannen

      Delete
  2. Hi shannen tudo bem?
    Sigo teu blog há bastante tempo e adoro você.por curiosidade quais são teus dois outros blogs? E quando vir para o Brazil me avisa para nos conhecermos.Desculpa não falar o inglês beijos.https://www.facebook.com/angela.barro182

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie! Eu estou usando Traduz Google, então eu sinto muito se isso não faz sentido. Meus outros dois blogs são relacionados com estudo e muito chata - eles são apenas trabalho de atribuição. Estou tão feliz que você gosta deste blog, eu adoro quando as pessoas em contato comigo para me dizer que eles gostem!

      Com muito amor,
      Shannen

      Delete