Wednesday, February 19, 2014


Review Time!
Australis Velourlips in NY-CEE


Hello friends! I'm really sorry for my lack of posts lately (I feel like I start every post with this, haha), I started a new job recently so I've thrown myself into that in order to save for my holiday in April. Also for some reason my fancy title images aren't working, which is a bit disappointing, but we soldier on.

So today I'm reviewing my new favourite lippie, Australis Velourlips! This is how the Australis website describes the product:
"Highly pigmented lips are the look of the moment, and this lip cream takes it to the next level with its beautiful matte finish! The creamy long-wear formula glides on easily with its doe foot applicator, finishing to a velvety matte look with intense, full coverage colour payoff. Perfect for when you want lasting, matte colour that moves with your lips without flaking."

They're not lying when they say highly pigmented, this stuff is crazy! It's super creamy to apply, and it feels so nice on. While it doesn't have the same kind of staying power of my other favourite, Lime Crime's Velvetine, it does feel a lot smoother on my lips for a long period of time than the Velvetines do.


While it does wear off in the middle of my lips when I'm eating and drinking, it doesn't get that gross, cakey feeling with reapplications that some other lipsticks do. It's always smooth and doesn't flake off at all, which I think is fabulous. But be warned, it does transfer! I wore it out to dinner last weekend and while it doesn't smudge a whole lot, I did end up with a little bit on my chin, so if you're going to be having crazy makeout sessions on the d-floor I suggest you leave it at home.
  

Would you just look at this pigment though?! It's amazing! It out-reds all of my other red lipsticks, and believe me, I have a lot of red lipsticks. The price makes it even better as well, it's a steal at only $9.95, so if you like lips so red they'll strike fear into the heart of every man you walk past, get around it.

Packaging: 3/5
I'm not keen on doe foot applicators because I find them messy and difficult to control when it comes to speedy reapplications, but I guess there's no other way you could package this kind of product.
Product: 4.5/5
It lost half a point because of the wee li'l smudges, but other than that it's perfect and I love it. Amazing!

'Til next time


1 comment:

  1. Love your hair and your make-up, adorable! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete