Thursday, November 7, 2013


Remember that wedding I mentioned a couple of times over the past few months? I'm really excited to finally be able to share some of the finished photos with you guys now that the bride and groom have seen them all! I'll pop it under a cut because it's very photo heavy, please feel free to leave me a comment and tell me what you think, as this was my first time photographing an event and any feedback would be greatly appreciated!




The ceremony was really intimate and lovely, set in the backyard of a cute little cottage. Everyone stood on the lawn while the bride and groom stood in a gazebo. It was really nice, it felt like you were really a part of what was going on instead of just sitting down and watching. I think one of the nicest things about the wedding was how involved the grooms son was in the whole thing.








After the wedding, we did the bridal photos in a park in front of a massive old tree. It was getting into the late afternoon, so the light was all but perfect - I was so stoked. 




The reception was held in a function center on the edge of the Gawler racecourse. The room had massive windows which gave an amazing view of the sunset over the turf, and the room was decorated quite simply, but really effectively.



(the cake was delicious)

All in all, it was a really beautiful wedding. It was lovely to see a couple so in love finally tie the knot, and it was a pretty huge privilege to capture the whole day for them! 

I've also started a Facebook page for my photos, because I'm really keen on branching out and photographing more events. You can check it out (and even like and share it if you're feeling generous) here.

'Til next time

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog, girl! These photos came out incredible. I'm not much of a photographer so I'm totally jealous of your skills! It looks like a beautiful wedding. Was this your first time photographing a wedding?

    Mia
    www.miamoore.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mia,

      Thanks so much for your comment! This was my first wedding yes, and I hope it's not my last - I had such an amazing time, photographing such a special event is a real privilege. It was SUCH a hard work, but so rewarding :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. Well, your article is great. The wedding is an auspicious moment for everyone and everybody wants to make it special.


    Wedding Videos Adelaide & Videographer Adelaide

    ReplyDelete