Saturday, September 14, 2013



Hi everyone! I'm really super excited to ~finally~ be able to post this, because I've been eagerly awaiting long purple princess hair for a number of weeks now. I definitely wasn't disappointed either! This is quite a photo heavy post, so please watch the video and then click on through for a better look. This is also my very first review video, so please excuse my nervous voice and awful editing, I haven't used iMovie in years!
A few months ago I decided it was time to invest in a good set of hair extensions from a reputable brand instead of trying my luck on eBay and most likely being let down (the last set I bought from eBay were half synthetic and actually melted when they were professionally coloured - dodgy stuff). I did a bit of research and I discovered Bellami

Because my hair is unnaturally coloured, I decided to email a photo of my hair to ask which shade of extensions would be best for me to dye. I was given the suggestion of Ash Blonde, so when I got my tax return I bought a 160g 'Bambina' set in Ash Blonde.
Unfortunately, It took about three weeks for my order to actually be shipped as the variety I'd chosen was repeatedly put on backorder. This was disappointing as I'd made my purchase before the initial cut off ship-by date, but after a quick and very pleasant email exchange I received an email notification that my order had been shipped - yay!



My order arrived incredibly quickly after it was shipped (barely a week later, from the States to Australia without express that's pretty impressive!) and I was very happy with the quality of hair upon opening them, although I did think they looked a little bit thin.



I think the thing that I'm the most impressed about with these extensions is the amazing quality of the clips. They're sewn on REALLY tightly, and I don't even have to backcomb my hair to get these babies to stay in - they just slide in and disappear seamlessly. They also don't slip down my hair at all, which was a serious problem I had with my old hair extensions. The only thing that bothered me when I opened these extensions is that the ends felt quite dry and looked a bit ratty. It wasn't enough to turn me off completely, but it did make me feel a little bit sad. It's gorgeous, soft, silky hair and for it to arrive with dry ends was a bit disappointing.


It took me a couple of goes to get them dark enough to blend with my own hair, and they're still a little bit lighter than my own hair, so when I have the funds and the time I'll dye them one more time and hopefully then they'll be perfect. I think if I buy another set I'll get a darker shade (probably the 'Dirty Blonde') and hopefully that'll take out some of the work and save me a whole lot of dye!


Overall, I love these extensions. They are by far the best set I've ever bought, and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from Bellami again. Their customer service was incredibly polite, and I thoroughly enjoyed our email exchange as it felt as if I was talking to someone I knew - not a stranger on the other side of the world! The quality of the hair is nothing less than impressive, and I'm still stoked on the clips. The only faults I can find are very trivial, and haven't affected my overall opinion of the product because they're tiny problems that can easily be fixed.

So if you're after a luscious head of hair, Bellami is the place to get it! Oh, and if you enter the code 'Shannen' upon check out you'll get $5 off your order, what's not to love?
Product: 10/10
Customer Service: 10/10
Delivery: 8/10 (lost points because I had to wait so long for them to come off backorder, despite ordering before the initial cutoff)




'Til next time

2 comments:

  1. Hi I also live in Australia and I was just wondering how was the shipping to AUS? like i know theres a $5 shipping charge but did you pay any extra for custom charges?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had to pay customs chargers for anything I've bought online, so nope!

      Delete