Thursday, July 11, 2013

I love the end of the financial year because it means there's a smorgasbord of savings to be had! Since I've been home from Sydney, I've let myself off the leash when it comes to saving money and with the help of midyear sales, I've been overhauling my wardrobe to make it a li'l prettier and a lot more work friendly, and I figured why not share some of my favourite purchases!





I'm so excited to wear all of these shirts! I love them all so much that I can hardly pick a favourite. The fabric of the white blouse is a really sturdy chiffon - a lot of the time i'm afraid of buying chiffon clothes because I'm worried about snagging them on something, but I don't think that's likely to happen with this shirt.

I love the cowboy print on the Dangerfield/Revival shirt! I saw The Lone Ranger (ignore the critics, it's a very entertaining movie) this week and now I want to run around lassoing things in a giant hat and this shirt. Admittedly, it is a mens shirt, but the only ladies option with this print was a dress and it just didn't suit me, and there was no way that I was not going to own something covered in little gun slingers.

The pink blouse, oh my, it's perfect! The fabric is so soft and silky that wearing it is going to be like being wrapped in a cloud. It's a lovely oversized shape as well, which will make it perfect to tuck into cute, high waisted skirts.





I absolutely love the print of this River Island skirt, and when I wear it I feel like I should be doing whimsical things like making daisy chains or counting cloud shapes. The only issue with it is that it is a teeny tiny little bit too short, but nothing that super opaque stockings and being careful when I pick things up can't fix!

I don't even know how to describe how excited I am about FINALLY owning a cape - and one that I bagged for half price as well! I'd been ogling the American Apparel wool cape, but I found that the material was just too scratchy and I wasn't prepared to drop over $200 on something that was probably going to give me a rash, so when I found this little beauty tucked away in a sale corner at my local Forever New store I knew I had to have it. It's super soft, and it makes me feel like I'm walking around wrapped in a blanket, which I would love to do but is unfortunately unacceptable in public by societies standards. 





I got a gift voucher, and I just couldn't help myself. I love the big black flower ring, it reminds me of the Marc Jacobs Daisy bottles, which is coincidentally one of my favourite perfumes. I also love all of the pastel colours that Lovisa has in store at the moment, it makes a refreshing change from the typically dark colours we see a lot of in winter.



All in all, I think I did really well over the last month when it comes to sale shopping. I'm waiting to get my mitts on an order of dresses from ASOS within the next week, so I'll be sure to share them when they arrive!

What about you, did you nab any spectacular bargains this midyear sale season?

'Til next time,

4 comments:

  1. How does the Men's shirt fit on you? It's all very adorable and can't wait to see you in all the outfits you'll come up with from these goodies! Have you had a recent uniform change or just adding to your work wear? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It fits really nicely! I don't like the fit of Dangerfield's womens shirts much because I find that there's never enough room in the shoulders, which is a problem I don't have in mens shirts. I'll definitely be making a few outfit posts in the coming weeks! We've had a couple of changes when it comes to prints and fabrics, but I'm mainly just trying to move away from darker coloured clothes.
      xo

      Delete
  2. WOW! These are the cutest things!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky! ASOS is killin' it with cute things at the moment!
      xo

      Delete