Sunday, July 21, 2013

Don't be misled by the title, I'm not getting married any time soon! I just don't know many other wedding related phrases - you see, to my dismay, I haven't been to a wedding since I was eight years old, and beyond super cute vintage wedding themed blogs, I don't know much about weddings at all. 

But come October, that's set to change! One of Sam's good friends is getting married (Sam's going to be a groomsman, exciting!) and I'm tagging along for the ride. I'm crazy about outfit planning, so of course I've already started thinking about what I'm going to wear, and I'll take any opportunity to buy a new outfit! 

It's a garden wedding, and seeing as it's during spring I'm thinking pastel mints and blues. I've been browsing through ModCloth, and I figured I'd share the two outfits I'm tossing up between.

My Kind of Pie dress from ModCloth
The Dream of the Crop cardigan in Mint from ModCloth
Cinch You've Been Gone belt from ModCloth
It Malt Be Love wedges from ModCloth
Opaque Lipstick in Geradium from Lime Crime

I absolutely love the My Kind of Pie dress, and am so keen to buy it on pay day! I've been waiting for it to come back in stock for what feels like months now, after seeing it on the stunning Kaelah Bee's blog. I also love the Dream of the Crop cardigan - sometimes uncropped (is that even a word?) cardigans ruin the shape of dresses because they go past the waist and everything just gets confused and mashed up, but this cardigan is the perfect length the keep my shoulders warm and the dress the center of attention, and I want it in every single colour ever!

Curtsying Cutie skirt from ModCloth
Dip Cone heel by Bait Footwear c/o ModCloth
Jewellery from Lovisa

This skirt is so perfect, with it's tulle underskirts it looks like it would be perfect to tear up the dance floor in and I'm a twirler for sure. I'd pop a cute white blouse (most likely the ASOS one in my previous post) under the cardigan, and then tuck the necklace under the collar for some fancy detail. As you may have noticed, I'm crazy in love with Lime Crime's Geradium too, because it's like the baby cousin of my favourite pink shade, Centrifuschia, which I find can be a little too intense at times, I'm just dying to get a tube of Geradium in my hot little hands!

What do you guys think? Which outfit would YOU choose?

'Til next time,

6 comments:

  1. The second outfit is definitely more wedding. I have the pie dress myself and it's more a summer day dress, than a "going out to a wedding" dress if you get me? I want that cardi too haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely see your point! I'm keen to find a printed blouse or cardigan to sort of add a little more interest to the second outfit - I feel strange if I don't wear any prints haha.

      Thanks so much for your comment!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Oh wow that pie dress is amazing! Tbh I would get it anyway regardless of the wedding. Love both the outfits!

    pebblesbeaufort.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm a sucker for quirky prints, so on pay day this week that baby pie's gonna be alllll mine.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that pie dress is amazing! If you are looking for the Long Prom Dresses With Sequence you'll see all of them in this page. Amazing quality, affordable price and fast shipping all of these made Dreamy-dress.com be the most reliable site for the customers. Believe us and buy Long Prom Dresses With Sequence from us you'll never be disappointed .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first outfit so much! It is incredibly cute! xx

    ReplyDelete