Monday, June 24, 2013



As I mentioned in my first post about our recent trip to Sydney, I paid a visit to the Wheels & Dollbaby flagship store. I spent a good hour and a half trying on some of the most amazing pieces of clothing I've ever seen in my life, and although the dress I'd originally planned to purchase was out of stock, I struck it lucky and ended up with something even more special.


First of all, how gorgeous is the packaging?! I tried so hard not to tear the tissue paper, but being the klutz I am that was just never going to happen. There's no way I'll be throwing out this box any time soon, it's the only home this gorgeous piece could ever have. Now, get ready for it, because your eyes may bleed with the sheer perfection of it.


Ta daaa! Now, before you look at it and think "oh, it's just a black dress, what's so special about that?" let me tell you this - this dress is one of a kind. aka it's a sample. aka no one else has it, and no one else ever will. I'm not one to brag, but this is something pretty huge for me! 



Made of the thickest, most figure hugging velvet i've ever experienced, this dress is fully lined and has the cutest cotton lace trim under the hem of the skirt. Putting it on may have been an out of body experience, because I don't think I've ever felt anything so blissful before in my life - this dress feels like it was made for me. 



Unfortunately, I don't have any thing more than some grainy phone photos with it on yet. I wore it when Sam and I went out for our anniversary, but the evening light in our hotel room just wasn't very photo friendly. 

And to be honest, I think when it's on deserves a whole nother post of its own! In a nutshell, this dress is gorgeous, stunning, amazing, and all things beautiful. 

But wait, there's more! 

Because it was our anniversary, Sam surprised me as we were on our way out of the store in the best way possible..


Oh yes, he did.


And it's absolutely perfect! I've posted a review of my peach Dita cardigan before, and this one is just as wonderful. Sometimes I find that some pinks make my skin look very pasty, but this cardigan the loveliest shade of rich, coral pink, and it doesn't wash me out at all - and it looks so good with freshly dyed purple hair!

The girls at Wheels & Dollbaby were so helpful and so lovely to talk to. I was served by Lyn, and she was nothing short of excellent. I had such a great shopping experience that I've no doubt that I'll be back. If you're ever in Sydney, be sure to pay the Dollbaby's a visit at 259 Crown Street, Darlinghurst.

Product: 5/5
Store Presentation: 5/5
Service: 5/5


'Til next time





3 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I can't stop thinking about these cardigans since I've seen you wearing them!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really?! that's amazing, haha! they're honestly such a good investment, it's impossible not to feel gorgeous when you're wearing a Dita!

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous outfit and such a lovely anniversary gift to receive! Wheels and Dollbaby is a brand I adore and that velvet dress is nothing short of glamourous!

    XO's P

    ReplyDelete