Sunday, April 14, 2013



Today I decided to try my hand at baking some GF muffins, because when I go out for afternoon tea I can never seem to find a muffin I can eat - and I'm dang tired of it. I think they turned out pretty well, so I  thought I'd make them my very first recipe post !

Two and a half cups gluten free flour (or regular flour)
Half a cup of firmly packed brown sugar
One cup of milk (I use lactose free)
Half a cup of vegetable oil
One egg, a li'l scrambled
One cup of frozen raspberries
Half of a cup of white chocolate chips
Two tablespoons of chia seeds, ground
Extra raspberries, to top.

1. Pre-heat your oven to 200℃ (or 392 ℉), and line a 12 hole muffin pan.

2. Sift flour, sugar, and chia seeds together, then make a hole in the center for the milk, oil and egg. Use a wooden spoon (or beaters if you're lazy) to fold - this mixture is thick, so it takes some muscles!

3. When your base ingredients are mixed nice and smoothly, add the raspberries and choc chips. Fold through until evenly dispersed.
4. Spoon about one and a half tablespoons of mixture into each muffin pan. Press remaining raspberries into the top of each full pan.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on your oven, until browned and cooked through. Leave to cool in the tray for about five minutes, and then transfer your treats to a wire rack.
6. enjoy !


You can substitute the raspberries and white chocolate for anything. I plan on trying banana and milk chocolate, and apple and cinnamon next !

'Til next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment