Tuesday, April 9, 2013



So the last two weeks have been fun for a number of reasons - the main ones being the Easter long weekend (and not having to go to uni for four whole days!), my twentieth birthday, and my partner Sam's twenty second birthday. I must warn you now, this post is going to be rather photo heavy, so make sure you keep reading past the cut!

'Knock Out!' singlet: Asos
Skirt: Asos
Cardigan: Wish
Flats: Asos
Belt: Forever New

Our Easter was rather quiet, we spent much of it doing homework (well, Sam doing homework, and me working towards my bachelor of procrastination with stellar results), but on Easter Sunday I was lucky enough to secure an appointment with one of my favourite tattoo artists, Nicole Draeger, who was back in Adelaide for a visit over the long weekend. 

I'd had the idea for the tattoo I booked less than a week before my appointment. I'm not really one for ~messages from the universe~ or anything like that, but everything fell into place and there was no way I couldn't do it. As many will already know, My Chemical Romance broke up a few weeks ago now, and it's safe to say I was devastated. They were a massive part of my life while I was growing up, and it felt more like losing an old friend than the end of a band. I remember saying, at the tender age of fourteen, that one day I would get a My Chem tattoo, and so last weekend, that's exactly what I did.

It was the perfect way to say goodbye, and I'm still elated with it. It's in one of the most awkward places to photograph, and the corner that's smack bang in my knee crease is being a little difficult to heal, but I couldn't have asked for anything more 'me'. Nicole did a fabulous job, and if you're a Melbournite (or you're willing to travel), I suggest you pay her a visit at Green Lotus Tattoo sometime!

On the 7th of April, I kissed goodbye my teenage years and woke up feeling... exactly the same. I'm not going to lie, I thought hitting my twenties might lead to some kind of epiphany, or that I would suddenly know how to act like a responsible adult, but nope. I think the only difference is that I'm another year closer to botox and eye creams.

My day was wonderful. On the evening before my birthday I went out for Mexican food with a few friends and Sam, I was a little bit disappointed that nearly all of the people who told me they would be coming didn't turn up, but I did my best to look on the bright side and enjoy my burrito with the great people who were there to celebrate with me. I'm not really a partier, so Sam and I came home for a bit of an early night. 

The next day, Sam woke up early and went back to his house to pick up my presents and my chosen birthday breakfast - a McMuffin, something I can only have every now and then - and boy did he do well!

I was gifted a Wheels & Dollbaby Butterfield Cardigan (he gave me the sweater for Christmas, so now I have the set), some Peter Alexander slippers, and a giant Korilakkuma plush for my growing collection. I felt so spoiled, and I can't wait for the weather to cool down some more so I can wear the cardigan comfortably. 

I was silly and didn't take any photos on my birthday, so I don't really have anything to show for it. We drove up to my friends Caitlin and Rhianon's house for a couple of hours in the afternoon, where I received a ticket to see one of my favourite bands when they visit Adelaide next month. We also cuddled the cats, and Sam ended up sneezing for the rest of the night because he's more allergic to cat hair than we thought. 
After a bunch of cupcakes and Caitlin's delicious stawberry, banana and oatmeal slice, Sam and I said goodbye and drove into the city, where we had a wander around before meeting my parents in China Town for a really delicious dinner.

The next day was Sam's birthday, and it was a really pleasant, relaxing day. I decided to stay home from uni to spend the day with him, and started the morning with his presents:



I gave him a framed print of us, which was done by the very talented Miss Nikki Parker, a POP! vinyl figure of Jake the Dog from Adventure Time, a little box I decorated that holds a lot of memorabilia from the course of our relationship so far (not pictured), and this jacket..
(he'd told me how much he wanted a Monsters University varsity jacket, but no where shipped to Australia, so I took it upon myself to make a very special one just for him! He's since changed his education information on Facebook to reflect this)

We spent most of the day in our pyjama's, being lazy and doing homework (again, he did homework, I watched United States of Tara). In the evening we went out to dinner at TGI Fridays with Sam's parents, and were home by 9 o'clock. They weren't crazy, booze-filled birthday's, but I know that I had a really great weekend, and I hope Sam did too. The only problem I have now is that I don't know what I've got to look forward to!

What did you guys do for Easter, and what are you looking forward to in the next couple of weeks/months? Comments are always welcome!

Til next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment