Monday, April 29, 2013


Hi hey hello!
I'm not going to lie, I'm feeling a little bit guilty about not having written over the last couple of weeks, but to be fair I've been on my mid semester break from uni so I've been quite busy with work, homework and a li'l somethin' somethin' that I'll share with you under a cut because it's rather photo heavy!
The one thing that I'm super crazy jumping-out-of-my-skin excited to share is that my partner, Sam's, band Seconds Before Sunrise have just released their debut EP entitled I, Of The Storm. I've been lucky enough to watch Sam and the rest of the band work incredibly hard on this release, and I can't imagine how stoked they are on it finally being available.

They've put in months worth of effort to produce this EP and they've hit some pretty huge milestones along the way, including but not limited to reaching number one on the iTunes metal chart with their single Endeavour and supporting international acts such as Silverstein, Iwrestledabearonce, and Between the Buried and Me.


The launch was last Friday night, and from an attendee's perspective it looked like it was a very, very successful show. With two hundred (count 'em, 200!) payers, the venue was packed by 8 PM. I've never seen a local show played with so much heart, and while I try my best to not let my bias get in the way, it was probably one of the best local shows I've ever been to. I swelled with so much pride, not only for Sam but for the entire band, because watching them play on Friday night made it clear just how much it meant to each of them to be on that stage in front of their friends, loved ones, and a couple of hundred total strangers who felt nothing but love for what they were watching.



Basically, Seconds Before Sunrise are going places, and you're going to want to be along for the ride. Playing the Adelaide leg of Norma Jean's Australian tour on May the 7th, they're also hitting Melbourne on May 12th for a huge show with Vanna, so if you're in either city make sure you get along to these shows so you can catch them.

Oh, and be sure to like them on Facebook to keep up with the mile-a-minute phenomenon that is Seconds Before Sunrise.

I, Of the Storm is available to purchase on iTunes and on hardcopy from Big Cartel.




Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment